The gambler is a student of people. He learns their tells, their tendencies and their tempers. He draws them in to the final throw. He is sure he can outsmart them, but just in case, he has a few surprises hidden up his sleeve.
The gambler is an archetype of the rogue class.
At 1st level, the gambler learns to call upon the fickle whims of fortune in order to achieve greater success. He gains a pool of luck points equal to 1/2 his gambler level. Luck points are used to activate a stroke of luck. Each stroke of luck costs 1 luck point.
The following is the list of lucky strokes:
- Blind Luck – As a swift action, gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round.
- Deceptive Action – As a swift action, the gambler adds +4 to his next Bluff, Profession (gambler), Sleight of Hand or Sense Motive skill check roll.
- Dumb Luck – As a swift action, add +2 to a d20 roll. Dumb luck must be used before the roll.
- Luck of the Draw – As an immediate action, the gambler may act during a surprise round of combat.
- Lucky Shot – As a swift action, the gambler adds his Charisma modifier to his attack rolls until the beginning of his next turn.
At 3rd level, as a free action, the gambler can test his luck with a game of chance. After the gambler has declared to make an action the requires a d20 roll, he then flips a coin, predicting its outcome. If he correctly guesses the outcome of the coin toss, he adds ½ his level to the result of the subsequent d20 roll. If he fails to correctly guess the outcome of the coin toss, he subtracts ½ his level to the result of the subsequent d20 roll. Once the gambler commits to the coin flip, he must perform the action that precipitated the d20 roll.
This ability replaces trap sense 1.
Ace in the Hole
At 6th level, twice per day when the gambler rolls a natural 20, he may store the roll for later use and reroll for the current action. As a swift action, the gambler may use the stored 20 in place of making a d20 roll. The gambler may only store 1 roll at a time. The stored roll must be used within one hour of its acquisition.
This ability replaces trap sense 2.
At 9th level, once per day, the gambler can reroll any one d20 roll he has just made before the GM has revealed the result. He must take the result of the second roll, even if it is worse. The gambler can use this ability twice per day at 15th level.
This ability replaces trap sense 3.