Cleric of the Forgotten Gods
The power of the gods is boundless. There is great power even in the vestiges of the ancient, forgotten gods. They wait only for the day the true believers once again invoke their names.
The cleric of the forgotten gods is an archetype of the cleric class.
The cleric of the forgotten gods chooses only one domain, and that domain must be the domain of the forgotten gods.
Domain of the Forgotten God
Over time, some gods are forgotten. The gods of a defeated people will sometimes fade from memory and their prayers fall silent. Their power sleeps but does not die. They can still hear a prayer. An act of faith ends their long slumber.
Only a cleric of the forgotten gods may select this domain.
Daily blessings (Su): Each morning the cleric prays, he prays to forgotten gods. His granted powers for the day are determined according to which of the forgotten gods hears his prayer. The cleric does not learn the name of the forgotten god, but intuitively understands the nature of their granted power. The ability the cleric receives each day is determined randomly, by rolling a d6.
The following is the list of granted powers the cleric may receive each day, as determined by a d6 roll:
- Warrior’s Blessing (Sp)– As a swift action, the cleric adds his Wisdom modifier to his attack for 1 round. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier.
- Healer’s Touch (Su)– The cleric gains an additional use of channel energy. The cleric gains an additional use per day at 10th and 20th levels, for a maximum of 3 additional uses per day at 20th level.
- Elemental Missile (Sp)– Upon gaining elemental missile, the cleric selects one of the four elements. As a standard action, he can unleash a missile composed of the selected element at any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. The missile deals 1d6 points of damage of the selected element, + 1 point for every two cleric levels he possesses. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier.
- Touch of Chaos (Sp)– The cleric can imbue a target with chaos as a melee touch attack. For the next round, anytime the target rolls a d20, he must roll twice and take the less favorable result. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier.
- Frightening Cackle (Sp)– As a standard action, the cleric targets a creature within 30 feet with a vicious tirade. The target must be able to see and hear the cleric, though it need not understand his language. On a failed Will save (DC 10 + cleric level + cleric’s Wisdom modifier) target is filled with a feeling of horrible dread that causes it to become shaken for 1d4 rounds. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier.
- Benevolent Touch (Sp)– As a standard action the cleric imbues an ally with divine energy. The ally gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves for a number of rounds equal to ½ his cleric level. He can use this ability 3 times per day.
Divine Casting (Su)– At 8th level, each morning when the cleric prays, one of the forgotten gods lends some of its divine power to aid in the cleric’s spellcasting. The cleric rolls a d8 to randomly determine which school of magic the god empowers. As a free action, the cleric adds +2 to the caster level of a spell he casts from that school. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom modifier.
The following is the list of schools for which the cleric may receive via divine casting, as determined by a d8 roll: